One of the most popular and successful smart TV brands worldwide is Vizio. After Samsung Smart TV, it is the second-most popular Smart TV. The Vizio Smart TV has a ton of built-in apps from which you can stream all of your favorite shows and movies. The Vizio Smart TV has a ton of fantastic apps, and Amazon Prime Video is only one of them. Vizio Smart TV allows you to access all of Prime Video’s content. What must you do to stream Amazon Prime Video on a Vizio Smart TV? This manual will walk you through everything in detail.
Amazon Prime Video: What is it?
The American video streaming service Amazon Prime Video, sometimes known as Prime Video, is owned by Amazon. Streaming of movies, TV shows, series, on-demand material, and Amazon originals is all possible. You can stream thousands of videos with Prime Video, a stand-alone service. The customer can buy or rent movies and TV programs through this service.
A subscription-based video streaming service called Prime Video gives you a 30-day free trial and costs $12.99 per month or $119 annually. Users of Prime Video can also purchase subscriptions to networks like Starz, HBO, etc., for $8.99 each. Platforms, including Android, iOS, Roku, Firestick, Smart TV, etc., are supported by this program.
Vizio TV offers Amazon Prime.
Yes, the Google Play Store does officially have the Amazon Prime app. Because of this, downloading and installing the Amazon Prime Video app on your Vizio TV is simple. This note will also show you how to use your Vizio Smart TV’s Amazon Prime Video app.
How to Download and Install Amazon Prime Video on a Vizio Smart TV in Steps
Download Latest Android version of Amazon Prime Video
There are a few approaches to How To Download Amazon Prime Video On Vizio Smart TV, which we will explain in more detail below before you become involved in this text. Follow the directions provided to do this.
- Turn your Vizio TV.
- Open the Google Play Store and type “Amazon Prime” into the search field.
- Select the “Install button” after the Amazon Prime logo appears on the screen.
- The Vizio TV will take a moment or two to install it. (Subject to Internet Speed)
- Launch the app on your TV after it has been installed.
- Log in to Amazon Prime on Your TV by using your Amazon username and password.
- Make sure your TV has a good internet connection, please.
Download Amazon Prime Video on an older Vizio Smart TV
The Google Play Store was used in the preceding procedure to install the Amazon Prime app. However, the procedure that follows is for those Vizio TVs that don’t have the Amazon Prime app since, as was already explained, older Vizio smart TVs use a different operating system than Android.
As a result, this article will demonstrate how to install the Amazon Prime App on a Vizio Smart TV without using the Play Store. You will need a laptop or PC for this process. To do this, follow the instructions.
- Open any browser now by turning on your computer or laptop.
- To download Amazon Prime.apk on your computer, click here to download Amazon Prime.apk.
- Once primevideo.apk has been downloaded to your PC, you only need to copy the file onto a USB drive or other USB storage device.
- Now, use a USB port on your Vizio Smart TV to attach your USB device.
- On your smart TV, use the File Explorer or Manager app. On the television, all files are visible.
- Open the primevideo.apk file by yourself.
- The.apk file will prompt you to install it on the TV when you open it. Just press the Install button and wait for it to finish installing.
- The Prime Video app can be found in the apps section after installation.
- Open the app, log in with your Amazon Prime credentials, and watch Amazon Prime Video on your outdated Vizio Smart TV.
Here, we’ll discuss a different approach. The steps are easy to follow.
- If you have one, open the Amazon Prime Video app on iOS or Android.
- Start the movie or TV show you want to view on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Once the video begins to stream, select the cast icon by clicking on it. This icon is often present in all media players.
- It will begin looking for nearby wireless devices once you click on it.
- Choose your Vizio Smart TV from the display list once the devices list has appeared on the screen.
- When you click it, it will begin casting the video playing on your iPhone or Android phone to the Smart TV.
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video on Vizio Smart TV Not Working
Due to minor technical difficulties, the Amazon Prime Video app typically doesn’t function on Vizio TV. If you’re having problems, use the accompanying troubleshooting procedures to get it fixed.
- A slow internet connection sometimes prevents you from streaming the content. Check your internet connection. So, if the content isn’t streaming correctly or buffers, check your internet connection.
- Close Prime Video: Force closing the Prime Video app and relaunching it will fix any performance issues you may be experiencing while using it.
- Investigate the Amazon Prime Video servers: Because the servers might be down, Amazon Prime might not be functioning on your Vizio Smart TV; this may occur due to an unanticipated outage or scheduled maintenance. Using online third-party programs, you can check the server’s status.
- Clear the Vizio TV. App Cache for Amazon Prime Video: Corrupted app data is one of the things that might lead to the Prime Video not working issue on your Vizio Smart TV. Usually, clearing the app’s cache will solve this issue.
- For your Vizio Smart TV, obtain the most recent firmware upgrades: To fix any defects that might be present in the current firmware version of your Vizio TV and are causing app problems, make sure the most recent software update is installed on your TV.
- Delete and reinstall the Amazon Prime software: Owners of Vizio TVs will frequently have problems with Amazon Video if the app is broken. You must remove the program and then reinstall it to repair it.