A team of hourly workers might be challenging to manage. You might have to replace ill team members quickly, set up shift swaps, handle leave requests, and do much more. Additionally, you must keep track of timesheets and ensure everyone is paid accurately. What cause for concern is that? But the good news is here. You now have excellent resources to help you stay composed, organized, and productive.
I’ve outlined the top employee scheduling software available to save you time. I’ve outlined the qualities that distinguish each system below. Keep reading information on the finest staff scheduling software for your demands and your budget.
Employee Scheduling Software: What Is It?
Software that lets managers build digital timetables for their teams is referred to as employee scheduling software. They are made primarily to simplify hiring hourly workers to fill open shifts.
Using the program, a team can plan shifts, breaks, and shift handovers. The ability to log time worked is another feature many systems provide. Additionally, the program may automatically assign shifts, notify users of updated schedules, and offer clock-in and clock-out alternatives.
Why is employee scheduling software necessary?
One of the critical components of effectively managing a firm is employee scheduling. You can quickly build and maintain employee schedules using employee scheduling software. You may manage vacation and sick days, assign shifts, and track employee hours. You can use this to raise productivity and efficiency levels in your company. Software for managing employee schedules can also help you save both time and money.
How to Pick the Best Employee Scheduling Software?
The list presented in this blog post will be helpful to you. Although eRS has many benefits for organizations, assessing your company’s precise demands and choosing the solution is essential. To aid you in this, consider the following prompts:
- Shift scheduler using drag and drop. Using the app, you should be able to plan forthcoming shifts or alter entire schedules.
- Change the templates. So that you don’t have to build schedules each week manually, employee scheduling tools allow you to save your employees’ usual working hours and reuse shift templates.
- Shifting shifts as needed. Employees ought to be permitted to swap shifts and find substitutes for the hours they are unable to work. Your team may also designate an open shift for themselves with a single click. Managers will then have to accept it.
- Features for managing time off. Tracking employee absences, approving paid time off requests from any location, and making sure you have enough personnel should all be possible.
- Check the app’s built-in features to see if they can assist you in adhering to labor laws and regulations. This may entail handling employee certifications or licenses, arranging breaks, or keeping track of overtime.
- Chat in-app. Employees should be able to message each other, ask questions, and work together on projects wherever they are via the app’s secure chat features.
- Alerts and notifications in advance. Ensure that the software notifies management automatically whenever workers clock in, clock out, or seek paid time off.
Best Employee Scheduling Software
It’s time to examine the individual products right now. Here are in-depth descriptions of the top 15 picks for Employee scheduling. Here, I also listed each scheduling program’s strengths. Let’s starts it
The Deputy is a complete program that automates time monitoring and scheduling. Additionally, it has tools for labor compliance and enables connectors for systems like payroll, point-of-sale, and HR software. You may incorporate required driving breaks into each team member’s schedule. With the app, any mobile device, even a smartphone, may serve as an employee time clock, alerting users when it’s time to push pause. A deputy workforce management tool enables employers to monitor shift changes, keep tabs on attendance, and save labor expenditures. The app also interfaces with Point-of-Sale (POS) system suppliers and payroll applications. Also, read about Soap2Day Alternatives.
- It has several varied integrations
- Provides tools for labor compliance
- Mobile applications
- Schedules are made using AI by using auto-scheduling.
Pricing: A 31-day free trial is available for the deputy scheduling app. The paid options for the app begin at $2.50 per user per month.
Planday, another dependable scheduling tool, streamlines all activities linked to staff availability, enabling you to manage employee schedules more quickly and visibly. Planday stands out in this crowded software market for its comprehensive feature set that is presented in an easy-to-use interface for teams of any size. We tested our list of top staff scheduling programs and found that Planday offers the most scalability; this is crucial for companies that handle projects of different sizes and need flexible staffing. Whether in charge of 30 or 300 employees, Planday lets you view your business as a whole and ensure effective communication between the office and field team.
- Make a timetable based on the job’s abilities, needs, and rules.
- Provides a template for an employee schedule to save time.
- Views monthly and weekly schedules.
- Uses schedules to calculate payroll to manage labor team expenditures.
Pricing: A 30-day free trial is provided by Planday. Starter plans start at $2.99 per user per month and go up to the Pro plan at $6.99 monthly.
QuickBooks is a well-known accounting program you could already use in your company. The company provides a time-tracking application that links with the payroll software, which is fantastic news if that’s the case. Simple timesheets, mobile time tracking, and customizable reports for your staff can all be done using QuickBooks Time. You can work in real-time with teams thanks to a live activity feed, and you can speed up scheduling even more by setting recurrent notifications. The user-friendly software offers connections with programs like Gusto, Knowify, JazzHR, etc., to automate additional business operations like payroll, HR, etc.
- It offers a simple drag-and-drop function
- It provides weekly scheduling, working hours, and total hours.
- Syncs with programs like Google Calendar and Outlook, among others.
- Allows staff to control team scheduling with specific permissions.
Pricing: If you take advantage of the first three months of the half-off deal, the QuickBooks Plus Plan costs $42.50 monthly. After the promotional period, the price increases to $85 per month and covers up to five users.
One of the most well-liked staff scheduling tools in the world, Shiftboard serves thousands of medium-sized and large organizations worldwide. It offers attendance tracking, performance analytics, and a variety of tools to modernize scheduling. Given its dominance in the industry, it shouldn’t be surprising that it uses cutting-edge technology, including automation, labor demand forecasting, and administration of leave, absence, and timesheets. Shiftboard also promotes employee participation, whether it is through preference settings or the option to accept or reject more shifts, making it ideal for businesses that frequently need personnel on short notice. Also, read about Best Hesgoal Alternatives Sites.
- Automates employee scheduling to cut time-consuming tasks in half.
- Enables your managers to identify substitutes for last-minute shift plan modifications quickly.
- Enables you to alter scheduling features
- Integrates with applications for human resource management
Pricing: The cost of Shiftboard’s paid plans is accessible upon request
For managers who don’t require many fancy features and who want a dependable scheduling program with a low learning curve, ZoomShift is an excellent option. One of my favorite features of the tools I examined was the user interface; it was straightforward and made creating a timetable quick and uncomplicated. Managers can view schedules according to a spreadsheet, a calendar, a team member, or a job. You can make announcements using the public chat tool; generate shift and schedule templates, export timesheets and payroll information, and more. Employees can sign in using a kiosk, a desktop computer, or a mobile app.
- It creates a template for employees to schedule recurrent chores.
- Notifies staff members via emails, push notifications, and messaging
- Increases your ability to respond to time-off requests
- Gives your staff access to the schedules around-the-clock
Pricing: The ZoomShift 14-day free trial is available. The paid models of the program begin at $2.50 per user per month.
Connecteam’s feature-rich employee scheduling tool informs managers and their team members about the times and locations of teams and individual employees’ daily, weekly, and even monthly work schedules. Businesses save time and money as a result. With just a few mouse clicks, their HR software gives managers complete shift coverage and simple schedule planning, shift distribution, and monitoring of individual employees’ work schedules. Users of Connecteam can even send automated notifications to employees to remind them of forthcoming shifts or to inform them of any scheduling problems or shift changes.
- Straightforward user interface
- Upgrades are available for features like GPS tracking.
- Additionally, the time clock automatically syncs with their personnel schedule.
Pricing: The advanced plan includes tools like scheduling templates and geofencing for time clocks. It charges $49 monthly.
With their personalized data dashboards, you can easily organize and track any process through Monday.com’s adaptable Work OS system. The 200+ templates, including a weekly work schedule template, can be customized to meet your company’s demands. With a single click, their data dashboards may be viewed in several formats, such as a Gantt chart or a calendar view. They provide a simple, affordable method of streamlining your scheduling procedure. You automate the process so your employees are informed when a new schedule is uploaded.
- Consists of smart notifications
- Numerous opportunities for customization
- Integrations With a wide variety of additional communication apps are possible.
Pricing: The cost of the Standard package is $30 per seat. It features customized dashboards and the necessities.
8: When I Work
When I Work is an all-in-one tool that allows organizations to communicate, schedule, and track the time and attendance of hourly workers. You can create timetables, make modifications, and track when staff come and go using the web platform. You can access When I Work through web browsers or iOS and Android smartphones. The time-tracking tools in the program can aid in increasing accountability, lowering no-shows, and controlling overtime expenses. Payroll processing may be done quickly and accurately with When I Work’s integration with payroll systems. When I Work is excellent for all kinds of small enterprises. Also, read about Best VIPstand Alternatives.
- Supports single and double scheduling.
- Assigns the appropriate personnel by matching employee qualifications with shift requirements.
- Warns supervisors of unneeded overtime.
- It lets you quickly establish a work schedule with its Auto Scheduling tool.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial of When I Work is available for you to sample. Its premium plans begin at $4 per user per month.
All of your essential staff scheduling necessities are covered by Sling, including a user-friendly interface, role-based scheduling, and customizable templates. But Sling’s bright extensions make it a no-brainer if you seek a platform that prioritizes day-to-day personnel management. Users of Sling have the option to communicate privately or in groups using the messaging feature. Employees may quickly check the business newsfeed, pick up or switch shifts, and establish their unavailability using the mobile app—moreover, the tool aids in identifying possible “cloning” circumstances for managers.
- Includes texting capabilities and a newsfeed
- A free program is offered
- Workers at several sites are scheduled
Pricing: Unlimited employees, managers, and locations are included in the free plan. Plans for time monitoring, templates, and internal messaging are available for a monthly fee of $1.70 per user.
10: Google Calendar
Google created Google Calendar as a cloud-based service. Even better for meeting your demands for workforce scheduling is Google Calendar. You can quickly look at the program in a day, four-day, week, month, year, or timetable format because it is designed to be a calendar. So that your staff can attend every shift, you can add events, reminders, and notifications to a calendar. Additionally, you can make and distribute employee shift calendars to each employee. They can then incorporate it into their daily lives by viewing the shared work schedule calendar on their calendar.
- Send notifications to staff members.
- It Records the team’s vacations and sick days.
- Displays weekly and monthly views
- It provides convenient sharing options for schedules.
Pricing: The Google Workspace package includes Google Calendar with free personal plans. Business plans for it start at $6 per user per month.
After acquiring the cloud-based employee scheduling service Ximble in 2019, Paycor Scheduling is a relatively new program created to simplify all facets of staff scheduling. It offers simple shift reminder functionality, desktop and mobile apps, and the option to save schedule templates for later use. In addition, the more expensive Paycor Scheduling Pro has a feature set for budget planning, group chat tools, and the capacity to design complex scheduling rules. The scheduling team finds it simpler to identify where the organization is spending money to make savings when there are specific analytics for things like over and understaffing, costs, and shift allocation.
- Optimizes scheduling by matching staff qualifications with relevant departments.
- With mobile scheduling, workers can choose shifts
- And Create regulations like the required amount of employee rest time.
- Real-time communication is used to inform staff.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial is available from Paycor. The paid plans for the app start at $99 per month plus $5 per employee.
12: Snap Schedule
In desktop format, Snap Schedule should look recognizable. Despite this, it is more slick-looking than some other solutions. Snap Schedule is a potent spreadsheet-based employee scheduling program. Although certain elements will also apply to employees, the goal is undoubtedly to be the ultimate in staff management. Snap Schedule believes its software will enhance management, scheduler, and employee communication. This might be done through shift swapping, quicker replies to time-off requests, or simply by giving employees more control over their availability and preferences. All of these features are intended to help a business retain talent.
- Monitors time-in, time-off, and overtime expenditures for employees
- Breaks and assignments for employees at predetermined times.
- Gives staff members and management access to mobile scheduling features
- Timetables for employees are optimize
Pricing: Snap Schedule is a one-time purchaseable item. The cost of the program is $450 per PC.
Due to its extensive feature set, Homebase is a top app. In addition to having excellent scheduling, timesheets, effective time clocks, and straightforward communications, it also features unique recruiting software that enables you to post jobs to online job boards. You may easily switch from other platforms to Homebase because Homebase can sync data from several payroll and POS providers. This comprehensive app has a free Basic subscription for unlimited users. It also has additional options, though, with extra services for a monthly or yearly fee. Also, read about Best TinEye Alternatives.
- Inform your staff members about open shifts and shift changes.
- By monitoring employee availability and vacation time, scheduling issues can be avoided.
- Utilizes blackout dates, advance notification, and request restrictions to regulate time-off requests.
- Assists managers with attendance and overtime
Pricing: Homebase gives a free plan for a single location and infinite staff. The paid plans at Homebase start at $19.95/location per month.
Workforce.com is an effective employee scheduling tool because it contains many practical features. For instance, you can create templates you can use each time you establish the work schedule for your team using the 24/7 scheduling tool. Not establishing the same work schedule every week or month can save management time. Insights into your labor expenditures are also provided by Workforce.com, allowing you to monitor your budget in real time. You can view your labor costs daily or weekly for each employee, team, or location.
- Depending on business information creates an employee schedule.
- Schedules are optimized to take into account labor costs and job requirements.
- Change the staff schedule with the Live Insights reporting feature’s real-time salary cost and personnel availability data.
- Makes an employment schedule that complies with the law.
Pricing: The app’s 14-day free trial allows you to test it. The paid models on Workforce.com start at $4 per user per month.
15: Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a potent performance management tool that both large and small enterprises favor. You can effectively schedule personnel, produce informative reports, save labor costs, and more with Time Doctor! Let’s examine some incredible Time Doctor features in more detail. Managers can build and adjust work schedules using Time Doctor’s superior scheduling features from a single location. Accessing attendance records in Time Doctor is possible after adding work schedules; these reports can be changed to meet the requirements of your business. You may monitor your employees’ working hours and see productivity trends with the help of Time Doctor’s comprehensive reports.
- Add Daylight Savings Time for specific time zones and international teams.
- Activate in batch or add/delete a single cell.
- Make personalized timetables for every employee.
- Set up specific access controls to limit editing and viewing to a few chosen employees.
Pricing: A 14-day free trial of Time Doctor is available without requesting a credit card. Paid plans begin at $7 per user per month.